Role involves preparation of capital budgets, coordinating project design and specifications as well as statutory approvals, selection of contractors, planning and scheduling of projects, evaluation of progress and follow-up, reporting and feedback and connected technical and administrative aspects.
The role holder reports to the Sr.Manager – Projects who reports to the Vice President –of the unit (Manufacturing).
Key responsibilities would inculde :
- The main thrust of this position is to ensure quality and safety during project construction.
- The methods used to achieve the objectives of this position relate to application of standard engineering practices in project construction and control, and organizing proper tools, tackles, cranes etc. in line with project schedules for speedy execution of jobs.
- The candidate should be expert in preparing project schedules / plans, engineering designs/ drawings like GA drawings, Erection drawings, P&ID drawings, Layout preparation and technical specifications towards the successful execution.
- There being no subordinates, the incumbent has to personally carry out the different tasks including guiding and supervision, data collection and reviewing the progress of work.
- The main challenge faced relates to completion of projects to the satisfaction of the ultimate user within the cost and time frames.
- The superior monitors the performance of the incumbent through day-to-day interaction, personal visits to the site to review progress, periodical reports of project completion and expenditure.
- The significant contacts that the incumbent has within the Company are with operations, purchase, drawing office, maintenance, accounts, safety and security.
- The external contacts are need-based and mainly with Third Party Inspection agencies,. Boiler Inspectorate, Director of Factories and Engineering Consultants.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must be a BE / B Tech in Mechanical Enggineering from a reputed institute.
- At least 6- 10 years of work experience in similar roles.
- Should possess rich experience in project management, equipment maintenance operations & resource management.
- Should be demonstarted effective skills in planning, scheduling & implementation of large scale projects.
Coromandel International Limited incorporated in 1964, now belonging to the Rs. 22,314 crores (USD 4.4 billion as on 31.3.2012) Murugappa Group, is a leading company in India manufacturing a wide range of fertilisers (including organic fertilisers), specialty nutrients, and crop protection products (technical & formulations). Coromandel markets around 2.9 million tonnes of phosphatic fertilisers making it a leader in its addressible markets and the second largest phosphatic fertiliser player in India. The Company also markets phosphogypsum and sulphur pastilles. Coromandel has established over 400 retail stores serving the rural markets of Andhra Pradesh. Coromandel International Limited has multi-locational production facilities and markets its products all over India and exports pesticides to various countries across the globe. It is managed by competent and committed professionals using advanced management practices. The Company is known for fostering a climate of high performance and continuous improvement. The Company also has strategic partnerships with leading companies across the globe. Voted as one of the ten greenest companies in India, reflects the Company`s commitment to the environment and society.
Posted: July 18, 2012
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Project Management
Industries: Chemicals, Oil & Energy
Job ID: 3405517
Referenced from : www.linkedin.com